PRAYER POINTS ON PALM SUNDAY
Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King
As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, say that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”
you are to give over to the Lord the first offspring of every womb. All the firstborn males of your livestock belong to the Lord. Redeem with a lamb every firstborn donkey, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem every firstborn among your sons.
“In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean? ’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
1. Pray that JESUS disciples, that is; us, may be found ready and willing when sent to bring the bound to the King
2. Pray that our eyes be open to the bondage of the villages before us
It is easy to live in our protected environment and ignore/ forget the plight go the lost and bound around us
3. Pray that HIS instruction be carried out without delay
“Untie and bring them to me”
NB: It is not enough just to hand a flyer, we ought to ” compel them to come!
In other words give them “compelling reasons why they should come
3.1. Because you took interest in them to invite – people can be lonely
3.2. Because you arranged to collect them just to break the “ice”
3.3. Because you have been inviting repeatedly even though last time they disappointed you, you never gave up – that’s very compelling
3.4. Because you came out confident that their problem will be attended to and solved!
4. Pray that every believer overcome the fear of being rejected by opposing voices when approaching people
People may talk, but ours is to answer : ” the LORD needs them”
This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
“Say to Daughter Zion,
‘See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
and on a colt, the foal of a donkey. ’”
5. Pray that every prophetic word concerning our church come to fulfillment without delay, IT IS OUR TIME NOW!
6. Pray for the Spiritual illumination for every one around us to see JESUS despite the simplicity and humble circumstances in HIS
The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on.
A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.
7. Pray that the older believers may be exemplary in attitude and action and to set the tone
They obeyed promptly and were the first to lay their clothes before JESUS . . . . And the crowds followed their example!
NB. PEOPLE WILL LEARN AND CATCH HONOR / THE ATTITUDE AND SPIRIT OF THE HOME FROM THOSE THEY FIND IN THAT PLACE
The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
“Hosanna to the Son of David!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
8. Pray that there would be a Spirit of Prayer and Praise – HOSSANA
9. Pray that JESUS may enter our city – there are cities where he was denied access e.g. Decapolis, where the pigs went into the water. And where the disciples ask if they should pray for fire to come down
10. Pray that there would be a stirring in our city, a stirring that cannot be ignored
11. Pray that beyond the trappings of pomp and ceremony the simplicity of who JESUS is will be known by every one who comes